11 Jan 5 Simple Ways To Improve My Posture In 2019
Happy new year to all! A new year means new goals, resolutions, and/or intentions for many of us! These goals may be personal, work-related, or maybe even health-related. Here is a list of five simple ways to help improve your posture in 2019.
- Instead of wearing a purse, bag, or laptop-case with one strap; opt for a backpack with 2 straps or a bag that has the option to be rolled. The 2 straps of the bag will evenly distribute the weight of the bag so that one shoulder is not over-compensating for the other.
- If wearing a bag or purse with a single strap – alternate the bag from left to right shoulder frequently. This will decrease the strain that it puts on the shoulder
- Take frequent work breaks if sitting for the majority of the day. Set a timer for once an hour and take a stroll around the office to stretch out your muscles
- Get in at least 30 minutes of cardio each day. This can even be broken into 3 increments of 10 minutes. (Walking around the office at work or around the building still counts as cardio!)
- Try a Yoga, Pilates, or Barre class. This will help improve your overall flexibility and will help increase core strength. The stronger the core is the less strain this puts on the low back.
Spinal health is very important for your well-being. Check in with your local chiropractor to see how chiropractic care can help benefit you in 2019!
Dr. Lindsay Fierman